The Moon Rune is a feature of the Academy. It presents a sort of "scratch off" feature to earn free items from about every 1 minute to 2 hours. Awards vary with player level, but are generally resources, hourglasses, and troops ranging all the way up to T5 units at around Level 80.
Each time you claim a Moon Rune, the timer restarts. Sometimes it's almost instant, but more commonly it's set to anyway up to about 90-120 minutes.
Common Rewards Edit
Rewards include, but are not limited to:
- 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, and 40,000 of Food, Wood, Stone, Ore, and Gold.1
- 100 and 500 T1 units and porters
- 100 and 300 T2 units
- 500 and 1,000 T3 units (500 at around level 60, 1,000 at around level 70)
- 50 T4 units (starts around level 70), 100 T4 units (Starts around level 90)
- 50 T5 units (starts around level 80)
- Bilbo's, Gollum's, and Elrond's Hourglasses.
- Galadriel's Token (new as of Late March 2015)
Value and Controversy Edit
To a new player, it might seem like all of the rewards are great. However, to a seasoned player, they may get more value by having the academy be converted to a home or barracks. Your play style and future changes to the Moon Rune may influence this decision.
1: As of 8 January, Pearls have not been seen on the Moon Rune.
2: 23 March 2015, a change was noted. Galadriel's Tokens were seen [by me] for the first time.