The content includes estimated time and resources spent to gain each might point and some hints on getting good. I have only included building standard troops, not wall might.
First of all, you require resources. These can be made in the resource fields or stolen from wilds, goblin camps or other players. If you are just starting out, the only option available to you are the resource fields.
After acquiring resources, build at least one barracks, a forge, an armoury and a stable. Be aware, there are additional requirements for these which will need to be passed. However, this is not required immediately, but helpful to do early on. To train higher level troops, you need research.
Now you are ready to start gaining might. Just select a type of troops and click train. Training speed can be increased in 4 ways:
- Researching Siege Weapons (+10% per level)
- Building Barracks (+10% per level)
- Upgrading Barracks (+1% per level)
- Setting a hero to training, in great hall (+0.5% per level) – this is only required at the start of the training. Then you can un-assign.
Information on troops, can be found on the corresponding pages.
Comparrison of training different troopsEdit
|Elven Militia /||*||150||200||110||50||2||4||4|
|Elven Warriors /||**||300||400||220||100||4||16||8|
|Mounted Galadhrim /||***||600||400||220||800||8||24||16|
|Mithlond Guards /||****||4000||3000||3300||2000||10||12||240|
|Great Eagles /||****||4000||3000||3300||2000||66||12||240|
|Galadhrim Lancers /||****||6340||1580||0||7920||40||160||160|
- - Food per hour
Times are NOT included due to the high variability time.
Just as a guide, training a type 2 unit takes three times longer to build than a type 1 unit and training a type 3 unit takes three times longer than a type 2 unit.
Hints and TipsEdit
Here are some hints about building an army and ruling Middle Earth!! Feel free to add some others if they work:
- When you are up to a standard where you can build any unit, and don't want to be a TKer (troop-killer), build type 1 when online, type 2 when going offline for a short time (i.e: meals, trips to the shop, etc.) and type 3 when offline for a long time (i.e: sleeping, work, school, etc.)
- If you want to be a TKer (troop-killer), you are better off having only type 1 and 2 troops. Take it from me... the best has told me. It is now my turn to share the knowledge.
- Check your resources to optimise the number of troops. If you have an equal amount of each resource train 1/3 of the maximum of one form (i.e: mounted), 1/2 of the maximum of the next form, and the maximum of the remaining.
Feel free to help out with this! :)